Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The F Word

 Lately I've been noticing feminism is becoming a hot topic in the younger generation. Most strongly support feminism, or strongly appose it. 
     You could say that standing for something has almost become fashionable. So naturally feminism has become a popular outlet. And frankly feminism annoys me; well what feminism has become annoys me. To many it's become another excuse to separate us. Campaigns for feminism show us tired old statistics of men getting payed more than women. How many women will be victims of domestic violence and how many men will grow up to be abusers. And if you don't believe it and you don't stamp the label on yourself then your a bigot, or an oblivious women.My understanding of feminism is solely to gain equality. However what I see is a lot of "us v.s them", and a lot of hostility. Very often new wave feminist are focused on the wrong thing. And more times then not, their inability to get past themselves and focus on real problem at hand is watering down feminism.
     There is always gonna be that asshole who doesn't believe in or want to hear what you have to say.Therefore beating the crap out of them won't change this. "Why would a women be against feminism?" you might ask? Honestly I believe this could be due to the fact the new age feminist have distorted the mission of feminism and turned it into something shallow. The real feminists have come and gone. Gender equality isn't a reality yet, and the way things are going I don't believe we are anywhere close. In a perfect world we would be working towards something that our society is in dire need of. Unfortunately ignorance and arrogance has made a mockery of what I believe is an important subject. Either way when I hear the word feminism all I see is a label. Labels are only excuses to separate humans.



Here is an example of why new feminism solves nothing.
                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment